In Memory of Jordan
Our hearts are heavy at the loss of Jordan L. Shapiro, friend to the Animal Haven. Thoughts of peace and love are sent to his family and friends. Per his family’s wishes, if you would like to make a secure online donation in his memory, please use the DONATE button below.
The Animal Haven is excited to announce that on Sunday, October 22nd, we will be hosting our 23rd annual Walk-A-Dog-Athon on the North Haven Green from 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. This will be a fun event for the entire family, 2 or 4 legged! Event activities will include a 1 mile dog walk, vendor booths, a pet parade and costume contest, treats for all members of the family, raffle prizes, and much more! Click here for more details
Request for contributions
Coming Soon… a new and improved website…The Animal Haven is updating our website to better showcase our adoptable pets and give our community an improved user experience.
Until then, you can search for your next companion from our list of adoptable cats and dogs on Petfinder or watch a video of our featured pet. For the most-up-to date information, please call the shelter at 203-239-2641.
6 Ways You Can Help while Our Friends Wait to be Adopted
- Make a tax deductible donation to help cover the costs of providing food, shelter and medical care
- Donate supplies through our Amazon Wish List or in-person at The Animal Haven. Some items include:
- Balls (tennis balls that squeak and soccer-size balls)
- Skinneeez toys (plush animal toy without stuffing)
- Subscribe to The Animal Haven’s You Tube channel for new videos featuring animals up for adoption
- Follow The Animal Haven on Facebook and share information about adoptable pets with your friends and family
- Subscribe to receive The Animal Haven’s e-newsletter
- Volunteer. Opportunities include:
- Dog walking
- Fostering a pet in your home for short period of time
Part-time Kennel Assistant Wanted
The Animal Haven is seeking a qualified person to fill a part-time kennel assistant position. Interested applicants are encouraged to stop by the shelter to fill out an application and speak with Michelle, the Shelter Manager. To schedule a time, please call 203-239-2641.