The Animal Haven is Temporarily Closed to the Public while We Renovate
Exciting changes are in the works at The Animal Haven! We are replacing the shelter’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system and making some other renovations at the same time. As a result, the shelter is temporarily closed to the public until further notice. Please check this site or our facebook page regularly for information on our re-opening. Though we are closed for visitors, we are continuing to care for the animals and in need of funds, as ever, for the shelter. Donations of food or blankets can be dropped off at the facility in the box labeled for donations in front of the garage.
Thank you to all who supported The Animal Haven’s Walk-a-dog-a-thon Sunday, Oct 22!
It was a beautiful, sunny day. A special shout out to the volunteer students from Quinnipiac University and our volunteers who brought our adoptable dogs to the event. And, to all of our sponsors. Because of all of you, just over $5,000 was raised for the shelter animals. We hope you had as much fun as we did. View our photo gallery here.
Request for contributions
You can search for your next companion from our list of adoptable cats and dogs on Petfinder or watch a video of our featured pet. For the most-up-to date information, please call the shelter at 203-239-2641.
6 Ways You Can Help while Our Friends Wait to be Adopted
- Make a tax deductible donation to help cover the costs of providing food, shelter and medical care
- Donate supplies through our Amazon Wish List or in-person at The Animal Haven. Some items include:
- Balls (tennis balls that squeak and soccer-size balls)
- Skinneeez toys (plush animal toy without stuffing)
- Subscribe to The Animal Haven’s You Tube channel for new videos featuring animals up for adoption
- Follow The Animal Haven on Facebook and share information about adoptable pets with your friends and family
- Subscribe to receive The Animal Haven’s e-newsletter
- Volunteer. Opportunities include:
- Dog walking
- Fostering a pet in your home