The Animal Haven is Temporarily Closed to the Public due to renovations. The shelter is OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please email the shelter’s Manager to inquire about adoption or schedule an appointment. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we make improvements 🙂
Exciting changes are in the works at The Animal Haven! We are replacing the shelter’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system and making some other renovations at the same time. As a result, the shelter is temporarily closed to the public until further notice. Please check this site or our facebook page regularly for information on our re-opening. Though we are closed for visitors, we are continuing to care for the animals and in need of funds, as ever, for the shelter.
While we are closed, donations of food or blankets may be dropped off at the facility and put in the box labeled for donations during day-light hours. Contributions of money can be made online or mailed in. Thank you!
You can search for your next companion from our list of adoptable cats and dogs on Petfinder. For the most-up-to date information, please call the shelter at 203-239-2641 or email the shelter Manager.
6 Ways You Can Help while Our Friends Wait to be Adopted
- Make a tax deductible donation to help cover the costs of providing food, shelter and medical care
- Donate supplies through our Amazon Wish List or in-person at The Animal Haven. Some items include:
- Balls (tennis balls that squeak and soccer-size balls)
- Skinneeez toys (plush animal toy without stuffing)
- Subscribe to The Animal Haven’s You Tube channel for new videos featuring animals up for adoption
- Follow The Animal Haven on Facebook and share information about adoptable pets with your friends and family
- Subscribe to receive The Animal Haven’s e-newsletter
- Volunteer. Opportunities include:
- Dog walking
- Fostering a pet in your home